Approval in Principle granted by Bureau Veritas
Bureau Veritas has granted an Approval in Principle to Aviso's Engine Monitoring & Predictive Maintenance System REDS.
This approval in principle covers the design of the “Engine monitoring & predictive maintenance system” designed by AVISO Diagnostics.
REDS is a continuous measuring instrument that monitors the status, health and efficiency of a running combustion engine, by measuring the torsional vibrations in the engine.
Following list shows an overview of what is detectable by REDS, according to manufacturer specification:
- Presence and importance of fatigue / damage
- Abnormal valve operation; Regularity in compression in all cylinders and or leakage
- Defective injectors and/or irregular pressure in all cylinders
- Abnormal in the compression/relaxation phase; related to pressure head cylinders
- Instability and damage in bearing/crank/rods
- Defect in water and fuel pumps
- Wear and friction
- Excessive inertia displacement
- Pinpoint the related cylinder to the defect.