We are happy to announce the launch of REDS version 2.0
During the last months our product and software developers have been working hard to come to the new REDS standard: version 2.0! To improve the usability of the system we added an additional screen to the existing user interface. This new home screen gives a direct and very clear impression of the status and balance of the monitored engine(s).
In one quick view the user is aware of the actual engine status. When significant deviations in engine balance are detected the user will be notified by alarm. The home screen gives an indication of the location and the severity of the problem. More specific information is to be found on the second, detailed information screen. By analyzing the data on that screen the user finds out what needs to be done to restore the engine’s balance.
The home screen:
- Spider chart: The engine’s cylinders are placed in a circle ordered by the moment of firing.
- When the engine operates in a balanced state all cylinders produce the same amount of power. This results in a symmetric spider chart.
- When deviations and engine imbalance are detected the spider chart becomes asymmetric, thereby clearly showing which cylinders contribute less power and what might be the cause.(please see figure 1.)
- The thermal health and mechanical health: are shown on the right side of the screen.
- Thermal health provides an indication of the efficiency of the engine. This has, amongst others, an effect on the operational costs.
- Mechanical health gives an indication of the overall condition of the engine. This is an indication of the wear within the engine.
- Line chart: shows the mechanical and thermal health and the engine's rpm over the last hour.
To further investigate the problem the user has to switch to the detailed information screen.
Figure1: Spider chart shows cylinder 1 and 6 produce less power. This is probably caused by a fuel injection problem.
The detailed information screen:
- Gives detailed information about the fuel Injection timing and condition per cylinder and an indication of the status of the bearings and other moving parts.
- Provides information about the status of the pump, camshaft or other external components not connected to the crankshaft, measured over multiple revolutions.
- Gives an indication of the variation in the twist of the crankshaft and abnormal stress pulses in the crankshaft.
- More information about the detailed information screen and its indicators http://www.reds-maritime.com/en/indicators
More information about REDS version 2.0? We are happy to advise you